a golden thread unraveling at each end, while the middle gleams intertwined in the earth bind frayed edges hardened ends, serpents slick sliver sheen a means to no end, slide and hide with pride stride rides, where one starts another begins again ends for twisting again while the middle gleams unraveling at each end, a cyclic spin, a golden thread...starting to begin again
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Lately the image of the star has been popping up everywhere...in my dreams, a stumble-upon on my walk, in magazines, etc....so being the knit couturier that I am...I had to make a textile pattern to develop for a future craftwork...this was NOT an easy task...I drafted at least ten iterations on graph paper 5 knit samples to achieve the above star...this took about three days back and forth just on graph paper...so far the sample graph still needs a little polishing around the edges...However...I learned so much from this exercise...like how the yarn affects the detail, how technique and craft often clash, how intuition is the best teacher, and most of all how persistence and focus bring reward...I have so many ideas from this very development of a star icon...The star is my motto of the year which is now on my inspiration wall...Keep shining, and move in sparkle motion!...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment