Tattoodo artist Shiva

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Brioche Chameleon


I purchased two amazing yarns on my last trip to San Francisco a couple of months ago, the story in itself deserves its own post (possibly @ a later date), from a an amazing yarn store "Art Fibers", the yarn on the far left is named Brioche #19 and the yarn on the far right is called Chameleon.  I was drawn to the Brioche because it reminded me of kente clothe scaled down in yarn, and the Chameleon yarn drew my eye from how it is visually tactile, it creates a camouflage effect when knitted.  The pattern is developed from a peplum blouse that I really love, and I decided to create a knitted version.  Oh the green yarn in the middle is an accent yarn from my stash that I chose to accentuate the change in yarn and add an extra detail making an interesting transition....stay tuned!

brioche - (br-ôsh, -sh)
n.
 French, it literally means "split up into small pieces." a sweet brown bread

cha·mele·onic (-l-nk) adj.
 noun, often attributive \kə-ˈmēl-yən\









Word HistoryThe words referring to the animal chameleon and the plant chamomile are related etymologically by a reference to a 







place one would expect to find them, that is, on the ground. The first part of both words goes back to the Greek form khamai, meaning "on the ground." 







What is found on the ground in each case is quite different, of course. 






The khamailen is a "lion [len] on the ground," a term translating the Akkadian phrase n qaqqari. The khamaimlon is "an apple [mlon] on the ground," so named because the blossoms of at least one variety of this creeping herb have an applelike scent. Both words are first found in Middle English, chameleon in a work composed before 1382 and chamomile in a work written in 1373. 





*********************************************************************

...So I gather that my garment is made for a sweet brown chameleon and aides in a 
femme fatale chamomile camouflage...


Update 3.26.14

So I finished the side panels, and decided to include a pocket...now all thats left is the assembly....STAY TUNED!







Update 2.23.14

Slow and steady wins the race...I'm working on the side panels, one down, one more to go, then I will have completed the major pieces of the garment...then I will be able to focus on the angel: the details :)













Update 1.22.14

I pinned the front portion of my garment to my mannequinn to see where I need to add additional pieces, this garment is becoming more tailored then I intended...love a challenge...<3





I am progressing with the back portion shoulder straps and decided to shift the design in the back creating a two in one garment, the peplum can be worn either side facing front...:)


I got bored with using the same yarn, so decided to shake up the ingriedients a bit...bringing the detail of the peplum to the back shoulder...fierce...meow :)




I add the details of the body ribbing to the shoulder to carry the language throughout the garment to create one cohesive garment


Update 12.26.13

I am progressing with the garment, now what I thought to be the back of the garment makes more sense to be the front...learning in progress, the back makes more sense to be in two parts, the front one seamless piece (what I am working on now)...:) live learn.... I am really enjoying making this garment with ideas to develop a matching pencil skirt...Stay tuned!






Update 12.21.13: I wear an army vintage camouflage jacket almost like a uniform in my leisure hours, now I wonder if it inspired my knit piece subconsciously...these are studies to ponder:










I started knitting the front of the garment by beginning with the shoulder then increasing to the flared peplum, for both right and left sides, for a prominent center seam detail









  I started knitting the back of the garment by knitting from the bottom up 








No comments:

Post a Comment