Tattoodo artist Shiva

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Bead Bazaar Exotic

I purchased a purple yarn by the name of, "exotic", a year ago, along with a pattern to knit a balero....Well the balero never manifested, life and all its many entanglements got in the way of me and the "exotic"...so a little whisper in my ear told me to start again...I picked up the yarn and begin knitting in my favorite stich (knit 1 through back loop, purl 1, repeat)...I didnt have an idea what to make but it definitely wasnt following someone else's rigid design of a balero...so I continued knitting and thinking and clearing my thoughts in trance without looking at my hands the rhythm instictual...so it then came to me...it will be a dress...wallah <3 :)

I started the "exotic" peice on July 1'st...the beaded technique is a method that sparked during my last construction of Brioche Chameleon...I created swatches(see images below) with the numerous glass beads I've collected and decided to incorporate the technique in this garment...so I strung 121 of my dark purple glass beads (they reflect a darker blue in light)  to match the yarn which is 100% Superfine Alpaca Wool, I used a knit stich that will allow for year round wear.


the collar of the dress will have a natural curl detailing at the edge



the front collar of the dress will include the beaded technique accentuating the curled edge detail



the entire front of the dress will include glass beads which will be interspersed throughout



Bazaar of Swatches:




No comments:

Post a Comment