Tattoodo artist Shiva

Friday, April 17, 2020

Details of an Ombre Adventure...with 24Kgold ones...


                                            




wrapped in rainbows ombre 
with a purple haze 
faded to 
turquoise with a hint of chartreuse, then red, violet, pink, navy blue, 
buttons w/24K gold lining like silver lines, textures like cumulus clouds puffy-fluffiness 
wrapped in rainbows ombre 
unicorn ivory buttons perhaps
 or dazzling beads of amethyst, rose, or peridot...
details semiprecious stones
stoned on adventures of textures new hardware detailed in leather and suede, 
pockets to fill with sparkle on the right and left
knitted with raised seed stitch, purl stitch, and knit stitch textures morph like clouds 
contemplating the 24K gold ones, in search of the pot of gold one...💫

I have been working this sweater off/on since the beginning of the year...inspired by an ombre yarn sold in the art store...I was drawn to the colors of the yarn being that it was dominately purple...I used a pattern from a yarn pattern book that I acquired over the years...(see post) This pattern I modified since the gauge of the yarn was a lot smaller than what the pattern called for...The process of making the sweater was very pleasing, I strategically worked both sides of the front, and both sleeves to keep a uniform ombre transition across...rather than working the pieces in piecemile I worked on all pieces of the garment simultaneously...My goal really was to take my time and learn the pattern construction I doubled what the patterned called for, which turned out to be perfect for the size I was going for.  The fit of the sweater is more like a jacket, I extended the collar to adhere to the knew social distance standards...I may line the interior, which will require research into fabrics...still deciding on buttons, the buttons I got at Michael Levines when I lived in Los Angeles...they have 24Kgold details....I believe now I have to decide on a name for this sweater jacket /rainbow....stay tuned...





No comments:

Post a Comment