I started a new painting today, for some reason Frida Kahlo keeps coming to mind, and I keep stumbling randomly into things with her...I went to the flea market this past weekend, and I got a tote bag of Frida, as well as a book...The following piece is a work in progress pencil on canvas, the challenge of drawing Frida is her nose...the background I want to morph into an interesting arabesque wall paper...I am getting there slowly surely....stay tuned...
Update 10.31.12
Update 10.3.12
10.1&2.12
9.30.12
painting the background stucco wall...
9.28.12
9.25.12
Update 9.23.12
9.19.12
Adding color to the background mural...
"Wounded Healer"
24 x 36 Mixed Media
Update 9.18.12
Added more detail to the flowers at her headpiece, and also more shade and shadow to the entire composition...
Update 9.15.12
I finished penciling in the composition...I am using this as a gauge, it took about three days, I will calculate about a week...now its time for color...I will start inking.....
Update 9.11.12
I literally burnt the midnight oil last night to let out the fire inside...I think I am getting closer with the nose...now the challenge is the lips...I decided to alter the original image and have her hand morph into a lotus flower with the stem as a vein (Frida Kahloesque)...thinking of a fresco type treatment as if there is a mural behind her with a repetitious bird of paradise pattern...rather than wallpaper
Pencil on Canvas 24 x 36
Tote Bag
Biograhphy of Frida Kahlo
Work in Progress Pencil on Canvas 24 x 36
inspired image
No comments:
Post a Comment